Oct 25, 2015

12 Days of Christmas Tags Plaid and Poinsettia

tag 1

Today I'm sharing my plaid background tag, as inspired by Linda of The Funkie Junkie blog.  Linda created the most lovely background using the Tim Holtz stripe stencil found at her amazing shop, The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  It is really one amazing background, go check it out!  The TH plaid stamp set is definitely on my Christmas list!  I did not have this stencil, and was very tempted to make one, but when I remembered that I had this amazing Basic Grey plaid paper left over in my stash, I switched gears.  Basic Grey paper always draws me in!  <3

tag 2

For my poinsettia, I was inspired by Karen, the designer of the Cardabilities sketches, and her amazing use of micro beads inside of her handmade flowers for Heartfelt Creations.  I used my super simple paper flower techniques found HERE.  For the holly I used Adirondack lettuce and meadow inks and then overstamped with a lacy Penny Black stamp in lettuce.

tag 3

 I used some gorgeous natural fiber burlap and red twine with a button for the topper on this tag.  I layered some printed twill ribbon over the burlap to add a sentiment.

tag 4

 She ended up being quite thick!

 If you'd like to see my other tags in this series click HERE.

tag 5

I'm linking up to week 4 of The Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas challenge HERE, to Really Reasonable Ribbon for their Get a Head Start on Christmas challenge HERE, and to Happy Little Stampers for their October Poinsettia challenge HERE.

20 comments:

Willy said...

What a beautiful Christmas Tag, love all the little details and de print!!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous Christmas tag love the plaid paper looks like material and beautiful poinsettia and bow
Carol x

Tonya said...

Love the tag and poinsettia! It gets me in the mood for Christmas crafting! :-)

Yenni Natalia said...

a really gorgeous tag . i love that it comes in 3d ^_^. so precious.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow what a gorgeous richly coloured and stunningly textured tag Autumn - love it!!
Blessings
Maxine

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love that plaid paper, Autumn - it works wonderfully here, as a bg!!! Your poinsettia is simply stunning and I love the beautiful twine bow!!! The little bit of bright green looks great and the doily peeking out behind the flower is lovely!!! A beautiful tag!!!
Have a great week!!!

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! xx

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! That paper in the background and your flower are wonderful!

Mimi said...

BG always gets me, too. I love the bright lettuce-holly in the background-- it really stands out to me! (Of course, the whole tag is wonderful!)

Mimi said...

Want to say: I went over and checked out the Funky Junky challenge and I'm hoping to start joining you! Thanks! (I had been looking through your rad tags, and you kept mentioning techniques, etc, and I thought, "that sounds fun"... thanks for sharing the live! )

Susan said...

I love the wonderful texture and colour range you achieved on your poinsettia. And the micro beads are fabulous! I must remember that!

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious textured poinsettia - this is so rich and warming - fabulous!
Alison x

Peanut said...

Beautiful! LOVE the home spun cosy feel of this tag.
hugs, Asha

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous and creative tag. I love all the beautiful detail but especially fht flower and the bow!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

Vada said...

Outstanding!!!
Hugs V

Bonnie Garby said...

What a gorgeous tag! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Virginia said...

This is a great project and a fun addition to our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

sally said...

Great tartan! A touch of Scotland there!

Sally

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just wonderful, April! That plaid background paper is the perfect backdrop for your lovely poinsettia. Beautiful bow too! Super take on Week #4.

Hugs,
Linda

Jane said...

I seem to hoard plaid paper...glad to see you use yours :-) I love your poinsettia. It is beautiful.

Popular Posts