Nov 18, 2015

Penny Black Mixed Media Penguin Card

card 1
 I'm back with a mid-month reminder to get your cards entered into the Penny Black Stamps & More challenge HERE.  I created this mixed media style PB card to show how versatile these stamps can be.  The Distress Ink colors I used for this background are Frayed Burlap and Evergreen Bough.
card 2
 I embossed the "Music Background" 2025M in white after the ink was dried.  TIP: Use your embossing buddy on inky backgrounds before embossing.  Sometimes the moisture traps the powders, even when you think it has dried.  An EB is a fabric sash of talc or cornstarch.
card 3
 I used a little $ set of alphas to stamp these words, and cut the pennant free handed.
card 4
 I stamped the "Cheerful Giving" penguins 3514H and quickly embossed with clear powder.  I sponged the edges and layered over a glittery paper doily (MFT).
card 5
 This card has a lot of depth, each layer popped out and distressed.
card 6
 I've had so much fun sharing my Penny Black creations with you this month!  TIP: When making mixed media projects like this, make two of each piece and if you mess up one, you're can use the other, but if you don't - then you get two amazing projects!  ;0
card 7
Thanks so much for your support and comments on this my first ever GD opportunity.  I appreciate you!
Guest Designer badge

15 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

I have enjoyed your PB projects Autumn, and these are no exception - wonderful use of all your materials to make a fabulous card. Thanks for the tips too.
Blessing
Maxine

brenda said...

A lovely creation in such pretty colours Autumn and loving the textures you have drawn in. My thanks for making such a splendid card and joining us as our GDT again at Penny Black and More challenge, your efforts are much appreciated.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant cards Autumn I really love how you have used such wonderful textures and created such a fabulous distressed look I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Pamellia said...

Oh, those penguins are so sweet!! Love the colours here Autumn, the aquas and neutrals work so well together!! A wonderful wintery card! hugs :)

Words and Pictures said...

I really love these... the aqua colour is glorious and I love the white embossed music against it. Lovely wisps of texture from the cheesecloth and rustic support from the burlap and those adorable penguins - enchanting!
Alison x

Redanne said...

I too, love those adorable penguins and your colour choices work so well with them too. Great tips too! Anne x

Becca Cruger said...

This is AWESOME! Love the gauzy background - such GREAT texture. and that robin's egg blue is the perfect winter color, I think. LOVE!

Sue said...

Oh this is gorgeous Autumn, I love how you've used the cheesecloth and hessian (burlap) and such a fab colour combo xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Cute cute cute!!! LOVE those lovable penguins and the blue green color!

Yenni Natalia said...

Wow congratulations Autumn. I believe you will shine there :) I love the colour that you selected for this card and the burlap is just so fit nicely with the theme. I think you are good at everything, even this mixed media looks great!

Mimi said...

Congrats on your GD stint! How fun... that's good pressure! I love this card. The cheesecloth adds such cool dimension. I wonder how different your background would turn out if you embossed first, or used a resistive paint first? (Only saying because I can tell you are a curious crafter, too!)
And I'm a 90s gal as well! :)

Connie Mercer said...

Gorgeous creation!!! Love this!

Petra Swart said...

What a beautiful bg and such sweet penguins, Autumn!!! Love all the yummy texture you've got on there!!! Wonderful mixed media!!!
Have a great day!!!

Darnell said...

You cards are really fantastic, Autumn! Congratulations on your first GD gig! I think it is the first of many more to come!

I want to thank you for visiting me and leaving me some love so I could find you! It's a pleasure to meet you and become your newest follower! I'd love to have you follow me back, if you like! I see that you just started your blog this summer so Welcome to Blogland! It's a wonderful and supportive community! I hope to see you again soon!! Happy Thanksgiving!! Hugs, Darnell

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty! Love the sweet penguins! Hope you have a great weekend!

Popular Posts