Nov 10, 2015

Winter Watercolor Mixed Media Snowflake Card and Tag

card 1

I've got a 2 for 1 post today, sharing a mixed media card and tag made with snowflake stamps.  For my card I embossed this awesome snowflake stamp by Unity onto a watercolor panel with shimmery white embossing powder repeatedly.  To see my other Unity stamped background cards click HERE.

card 2

 I dipped the panel repeatedly in Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, and Frayed Burlap Distress inks.  The edges were distressed and the sentiment, also Unity, stamped in CS onto a panel dipped in a very diluted Vintage Photo, with some CS splashed on it.

card 3

I won these cute stamps from a Unity blog hop and am linking up this card I made with them to tonight's hop HERE.  Thanks Unity!

tag 1

 Now for my 7th tag with The Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas...  To see my all of my 12 Tags of Christmas click HERE.  I made my card while waiting for the inky tag to flatten in a stack of books.  I usually skip this step and regret it, but found that if I dry my tag and put it in the book that it will flatten in five to ten minutes.  I used the inks as listed above.  I couldn't name the snowflakes, they are various older companies.  They didn't emboss perfectly and I loved the imperfect effect.  I was inspired by Linda's beautiful blue and tan color scheme, but reversed it.  I will need to order the amazing foil she used on her tag from her shop, The Funkie Junkie Boutique, and try again.

tag 2

 I layered a mini tag over the bottom.  The stamp is a vintage Close to My Heart sentiment.

tag 3

 The doily (MFT) is cut from a used coffee filter, layered with a wooden snowflake and an embossed Inkadinkado reindeer.  I used Walnut Stain DI and clear powder.  I added some DIY tattered and dyed ribbon, a twine bow, and a snowflake charm.  I love how Linda adds charms to her tags!

tag 4

I'm linking my tag up to the Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags of Christmas challenge HERE, to Stamping with Loll's 12 Tags of Christmas challenge HERE, and to HLS for their Mixed Media Tag challenge HERE.  It's not too late to join in any of these awesome challenges.  Thanks for visiting.  :)

29 comments:

MaryH said...

Oh my goodness, Autumn. Both of these are just gorgeous! The old brick was a perfect photo layout too! The DI colors chosen really worked so well together to create this icy, frosty look with the crystal looks of the pretty snowflakes. A very lovely variety on the tag, and I love the Unity flake too. Arranging the white doily, the wooden snowflake and that gorgeous embossed deer yielded a stunning adornment too. Good work on the smooshing technique. TFS & Hugs.

Ruby said...

Stunning work. I love the design and techniques. Thanks for sharing.

Salnclts said...

I love the snowflake background!

Gaylynn said...

Oh my, the card and tag are stunning. Lovely work and so creative. I like all of the texture. :)

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty! Love the layers on your tag (the deer is fabulous!).

Deborah345 said...

Beautiful Christmas card and tag. Really love how you made the tag.

Unknown said...

love the rich colors and the added gold bling

Beth F. said...

Oh my goodness! Such striking contrast between the beautiful backgrounds and those pretty snowflakes. Love these!

brenda said...

Great intensity of could against the splashes of white Autumn, very eye catching pieces.

B x

Petra Swart said...

Love the beautiful white snowflakes on the brilliant bgs, Autumn!!! The twine bow on the card is gorgeous!!!! And what a great snowflake and reindeer on the tag!!! Both are stunning!!!!
Have a great day!!!!

Vada said...

Wowzers!!! Autumn Fantastic!!
Hugs V

CherylQuilts said...

Beautiful card and tag, Autumn, and what a beautiful color! You sure are getting ready for Christmas - I so admire that and your work! Hugs1

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous card and tag~I love the deep blues!

Helen said...

They are both very beautiful!

Helen Gullett said...

GORGEOUS tag and card! Love the detail on the card, watercolor background and also your embellishments are fabulous.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card and tag! Love your colors!

Loll said...

Gorgeous tag Autumn! Love the distressing on this tag --- and the colours and details are amazing. Thanks so much for sharing at my Twelve Tags of Christmas event.

Tami said...

I just love the colors Great job!!

Patti Willey said...

Wow beautiful! And imperfect embossing works so well here with the distressed look! Great color pallet!

Mimi said...

How excited are you that HLS has a mixed media challenge now??? Me too! I was just checking the eye candy when I spotted your card and had to take a closer looksy... Appreciate both of these creations. Chipped sapphire is a fave color of mine... My tag for #7 is in the works on my table now-- I love how you did a reverse of the blue and silver, and I LOVE that you added a baby tag! Clever!

Guadalupe Galvis said...

Wow. Love the colors very pretty.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! That deep blue is ever so striking! Gorgeous techniques and elements all around! TFS, love!

LauraVi said...

Great take of this week Funkie Junkie Style tag! Love the card too!

Nancy Briges said...

Oh goodie, so glad to see some of your beautiful tags here! You really inspired me to try to do a banner of these for Christmas!

Linda Simmons said...

Very cool and sure to bring many happy stampers much inspiration. ;)

Toni said...

Stunning--love the varying visual depths of the blues which really showcase your doily and veneer embellies. I'm totally going to CASE this!

Toni
HLS MM DT

Linda said...

Love your winter tag ..... thanks for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge. Linda xx

Alexandra said...

Love that background you created it's gorgeous!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

These are both gorgeous, Autumn, especially the tag. I don't believe I have every used Chipped Sapphire-wow, what a fantastic shade of blue. Now you have inspired me! I too love the way the embossed snowflakes look worn. That's one drop-dead gorgeous tag! Thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs,
Linda

Popular Posts