May 15, 2017

Simon Says Stamp Abstract Triangles and Stitched Florals


It's time for another Simon Says Stamp Flickr challenge and the theme this fortnight is Favorite Technique.  I absolutely love watercolor resist!  For my first card I chose the Abstract Triangles stamp and some warm shades of Distress Ink to create a coppery design.


I had a stack of already cut out Sizzix Brenda Walton Peonies and decided to create a matching flower from my tutorial HERE.  I used a Basic Grey brad to coordinate with the copper embossing.  I just received the Autumn Blessings die in the mail and simply had to use it on this card.  I used kraft core in copper.


I cannot get enough of these triangles!  And I always enjoy using Fossilized Amber on anything!


For my second card I used my new Spring Flowers, embossed in white and watercolored.  I applied all of the stamps in the set to a giant acrylic block to speed up the stamping/embossing process.


I fussy cut each design and then gave it a spray of Glimmer Mist, which you can see if you click to enlarge.


I raised the oval die to "frame" my arrangement, then sponged with Cracked Pistachio and stamped the stitches in the same color.  The tiny "Hello" die by Sizzix was a gift from my dear friend Madelyn.  Thanks Mad!  You can see below how I barely glued the petals down to add some dimension.  I hope you've enjoyed these projects.  Thanks for your visit!


I'm sharing both cards with:

And Triangles with:


And Flowers with:

26 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Autumn, these are absolutely gorgeous hun, love the gorgeous designs and colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sue said...

Really beautiful cards Autumn, Fossilised Amber is such a rich colour, and I love the white embossing on your 'hello' card. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Lost Coast Designs, and have a fun week. Sue xx

Lisa said...

Wow, both cards are stunning, Autumn!! The triangles look amazing!! I love the texture and colors!! The flowers are gorgeous on the second one!! The dimension is fabulous!! Love them both, my sweet friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Judy Woodland said...

Both your cards are stunning. I have that triangle stamp and I love it. You have inspired me to pull it out again. And your flower card is so gorgeous, I love how you have done the watercoloring. Just beautiful!!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls.

Astrid Maclean said...

Two gorgeous cards, each so different but both beautifully created!!

Linda Kunsman said...

that first card is oh so striking-love it! And the second one -very soft and pretty. TFS Autumn!

Brenda Brown said...

Two strikingly different styles and designs but both fabulous in their own right. They show what an imaginative and creative crafter you are Autumn, great job xxx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Two amazing cards! I love the triangle one with the beautiful use of the Distress Inks. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Cathy said...

You made cards for my 2 favorite seasons. Great job on both.

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous cards, Autumn! Such drama in the first card (love it!) and light-hearted beauty in your second creation. Both are beautiful! hugs, de

Marjan said...

Both are great cards! Love the background and strong design of the first and the beauty of the second.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the embossed triangles,warm colour and beautiful flower--beautiful pastel coloured flowers and great shine on the second
Carol x

Marlies said...

Wauw these are two gorgeous cards Autumn! A lovely triangel background on the first and a great effect with the shabby flower on it. Your second is gorgeous too. Lovely soft pastel colours and great use of the stamps. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Tracey said...

Wow Autumn, your cards are stunning. Love the rich colours in the first card and those triangles look fabulous! How I love pastels too! The flower cluster is beautiful!

Helen Wallace said...

Totally different cards and both simply stunning. I love the rich yellows and gold on the triangle card, as well as that luscious bloom and then the pretty spring flowers make such an impact as well. I would not be able to choose a favourite. Beautiful work.

kiwimeskreations said...

Autumn these are so very different and both beautiful to my eyes - love the colours on the second card, and the subtle dimension. The copper and amber combination on the first is stunning.
Blessings
Maxine

Marina said...

I love the contrast of these two beautiful cards.

nwilliams6 said...

Autumn, both cards are wonderful. Love the almost totally opposite colors and I can't pick a fave. Some awesome techniques and details and designing. Hugz

Stacy Morgan said...

Springy and fresh, so pretty. Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark challenge this month.

Laurie said...

Your flower card is just gorgeous! Your color palette is so soft and pretty and the arrangement is just perfect. Your "stitching" is the final touch! Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Portal to Creativity challenge for May!

Kathy Jones said...

Beautiful cards! I love the stitched frame and the stitched image!! Thanks so much for playing along with Power Poppy this month!!

Art Tart on a Farm said...

Gorgeous cards......

Jackie PN said...

Wow! The autumn Blessings die looks stunning! What a perfect die for you to have found!
I love the warmth of the palette on this card.
Hugs my friend,Jackie

Julie said...

Gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
Julie T

Karen Petitt said...

I have this stamp set Autumn and it's one of my favourites. I adore how you've used them here too, just stunning K x

sarascloset said...

Yippee! So happy to see this beauty be voted as a Top Pick at ATS! Gorgeous background and flower! Hugs!

Popular Posts